REMARKS ABOUT DATA PROTECTION
How we collect your data and what we do to protect them
The following remarks provide a short overview over our collection and processing of your personal data. We highly recommend to read these carefully before you register to our website. For complete information please see our Data Protection Statement.
When do we collect which data?
1. Upon visiting our Website:
- The server provider we are using (Strato GmbH) automatically requests and stores information from your device in so called log files. They contain information about your browser type and version, operating system, referrer URL, host name of your computer accessing the website, current IP address and time of the server request. Strato AG stores your IP addresses for safety reasons for a maximum of seven days.
2. Upon registering on our Website:
- If you register to our website we collect your first and last name and a valid email address. We automatically transfer these datapoints to TalentLMS, our eLearning platform provider, and MailChimp, our newsletter mailing list. For further info see “How do we process your personal data?”
How do we process your personal data?
- When you register to our website we automatically transfer your first- and last name and your email address to our TalentLMS and MailChimp account.
- On TalentLMS we host our online courses. We use your name and email address to create a Learners Account for you. Now you are able to access all our online learning offers. Our TalentLMS account is also connected to Google Analytics for tracking purposes. As with our website, Google Analytics only collects anonymised IP addresses.
- Besides that we automatically synchronize your registration with our MailChimp hosted mailing list. However, you can object that via the subscription confirmation notification you will receive after registration. You can also unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button within one of our newsletters or unsubscribe via “Settings” and unticking the “Newsletter” option on our website.
How do we collect your data?
- Automatically via cookies and webtracking (Google Analytics) when you enter or interact with our platform.
- Besides that we only collect data that you personnally enter into our platform.
Where do we store your personal data?
Your personal data is stored on our Strato server and on TalentLMS servers. If you subscribe to our newsletter it will also be stored on MailChimp servers.
For what purposes do we use your personal data?
- We are using anonymised statistical data to improve your learning experience and enhance the provision of our services to you.
- For marketing and informational purposes and to keep you updated about everything relevant to Social Finance.
- We are not selling your personal data to third-parties.
- We aren’t proliferating your personal data to third-parties except for TalentLMS and possibly MailChimp.
What does this mean for you?
- You might receive notifications from our website when you register or change your password.
- You might receive notifications from our TalentLMS account only in regards to very important issues like registration or password changes, too.
- If you confirm the subscription to our MailChimp mailing list after registration, you will receive regular newsletters, marketing information and announcements about new learning offers or upcoming events.