We want you to know what happens to your personal data on our platforms. Therefore we want to inform you comprehensively about the collecting, storing, processing and use of your personal data.
In order to give you a good understanding of how, when and where this might happen using our online facilities, the following Data Protection Statement should be a good way to let you gain an overview. Also we want you to inform about your rights in relation to our handling of your personal data.
If you have additional questions you may also always contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
I. What are my rights in regards to my personal data?
- Right to be forgotten: You may terminate your Social Finance Academy account at any time. In this case we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it. Please contact us at email@example.com if you want to cancel your account; we will permanently delete your account and all data associated with it, throughout all our platforms, within at most thirty days.
- Right to object: If you object to Social Finance Academy email notifications, you may opt out of inclusion of your data in our marketing by removing yourself from the mailing lists using the unsubscribe link in the footer of our newsletters and marketing emails that you receive.
- Right to rectification: You can access your Learners Account profile on our TLMS platform via “Courses” at any given time and change or update your profile data. To access your profile data that we store in our MailChimp mailing list please use the update profile link we include in every email footer we sent to you. You may also contact us at any time if you need help to access, correct, amend or delete information that we hold about you at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right of access: The second part of this Data Protection Statement describes what data we collect and how we use it. If you have specific questions about particular data, you can contact us at email@example.com for any clarification or data you may need at any time. Information will be provided free of charge without undue delay.
- Right of data portability: You may request an export of your data at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
II. We start collecting data when you visit our Website:
Upon visiting our website specific data is collected by our internet service provider Strato AG. The provider automatically requests and stores information in so-called “server log files”. This information is automatically provided by your browser once you access the website. This information contains your devices IP address, browser type and version, operating system, referrer URL, host name of the computer accessing the website, and time of the server request. This information, however, cannot be assigned to a specific person and will not be reconciled with other data sources. IP addresses get anonymised shortly after the end of your visit to our website. Roots of Impact reserves the right to check the information retroactively in case there are concrete reasons to assume a breach of law.
Our website uses the following cookies:
|wordpress_sec_*||–||End of your session|
|wordpress_logged_in_*||–||End of your session|
Strictly necessary: Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled
|_ga||Google Analytics||24 months|
|_gid||Google Analytics||24 hours|
|_gat||Google Analytics||10 minutes|
|WWWID||–||End of your session|
|PHPSESSID||strictly necessary: maintain logged-in status between pages||3 hours|
III. What data do we collect from you when you register to our website?
Once you decided to register to our website, we collect your First and Last Name and a valid Email address. This information is stored on our WordPress Website, i.e. Strato server. This data is automatically transferred to our TalentLMS account where we host all our online learning offers for you. Your data is used to create a learners account for you to access all our online learning material.
Additionally we are synchronizing our website’s user base with our MailChimp hosted mailing list. So shortly after registration to our website you will receive a confirmation notification to be subscribed to our mailing list. If you do not want to be subscribed simply ignore this email.
IV. For what purposes do we collect, store and use your data?
We save your First Name, Last Name and Email address in order to grant you access to our online course. Our wordpress website also uses your email address for notifications about password changes or related technical stuff.
TalentLMS is synchronized with our website’s data base for the exact same purpose, to grant you access to our online course. TalentLMS does only use your email address for notifications when you participate in one of our webinars and consent to our use of your email address via the platform for keeping you updated about, for example relevant dates or related information.
Our MailChimp hosted mailing list is also synchronized with our website’s data base. You will receive newsletters, informational and marketing material from this list when you opted in after your registration to the Social Finance Academy.
We are using Google Analytics to track your behaviour throughout our WordPress website and TalentLMS account. We only use this anonymous, aggregated, and statistical data to improve our offer and track our impact.
V. For how long do we store your personal data?
Basically we store your personal data as long as you allow us to do so. Furthermore we want you to be able to delete your data yourself as well. Unfortunately we cannot provide you currently with a single opt-out option to get your data deleted throughout all our digital facilities: MailChimp, TalentLMS and our WordPress website. The easiest way for you to get your personal data deleted throughout all instances is to email us with the subject “delete” via email@example.com.
Our internet provider stores your log file up to a maximum of seven days.
Anonymised statistical user and event level related data is stored 27 months by our Google Analytics account.
We hope this Data Protection Statement gives you a good enough insight to our platforms’ processing of your personal data.
For further questions regarding the use of data by Roots of Impact as well as correcting, blocking, accessing or deleting personal user data, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org