1. Are you working on a clear and substantial problem in the market?
2. Does this social problem relate to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)?
3. How well do you understand the root cause(s) of the social problem that you are
4. Are you familiar with the concrete consequences of this problem?
5. Have you identified specific target group(s) that you can also quantify?
6. How familiar are you with the way your target group(s) currently solve the problems
7. Do you know enough about the other players who operate in your space and sector?
8. One step beyond knowing about competing products and services is understanding your
business in relation to these
products and services. Have you sufficiently researched the gaps and weaknesses of
competing products and services for
your target groups?
The Solution & Impact
1. How confident are you that your solution offers a distinctive enough value add to
your target group(s)?
2. Have you run pilot programs for your offering?
3. Have you completed a Theory of Change that will guide your activities?
4. How well can you describe the impact goals and value chain of your impact enterprise?
5. Have you explored the outcomes expected to occur as a result of your
product(s)/service(s) being available in the
6. Do you understand to what extent the target group(s) will benefit from this solution
7. Can you measure the quality of your product(s)/service(s)?
8. Have you developed an operational process and data management framework to measure
impact and value creation?
Market & Distribution
1. How well do you understand the underlying market and pricing dynamics?
2. Do you know how you will reach your identified customer base?
3. Are your distribution channels clearly defined and manageable such that you can
successfully reach your customers?
4. Have you mapped out the supply chain and the types of vendors you will work with?
5. While this may not be applicable to your venture today, could you imagine a scenario
you can access
last-mile/bottom of the pyramid clients with your solutions?
6. Have you built out your organizational structure (think of team, resources, and
7. Have you built growth scenarios that allow you to understand how your marketing and
distribution functions need to
adapt as things change?
8. Have you developed core operational metrics and the underlying data management system
your marketing and
Growth & Scaling
1. Have you built out a product roadmap with key milestones?
2. How strong are your core and supporting team structures?
3. How well can your organization scale its impact?
4. Have you defined a growth plan including varied scenarios for your
5. How fast and well would your organization be able to respond to different market
(e.g., a worse
macroeconomic situation, climate change, pandemics, financial issues)?
6. Do you have a management information system (MIS) in place to help you guide your
7. Do you have a system in place to understand and monitor the impact that your impact
enterprise intends to achieve/is
8. To what extent do you have a governance structure in place for your organization?
Financing & Forecasts
1. Have you prepared a financial model and cash flow analysis that sufficiently explains
link between growth and
2. Have you clearly linked all your income and costs with your activities?
3. Do you have a strong accounting system in place to cope with your current and future
4. Have you defined measurable key performance indicators (KPI) for success and failure?
5. To what extent can you align your financial and impact milestones?
6. Are you aware of the different types of financing for your impact enterprise?
7. Are you familiar with the information that your potential investors need to assess
8. Have you thought about what you may want from your future investor(s)?